This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Monday, September 9, 2013

Explored (picture of the week 2)

Besides the blog I also have a Flickr page dedicated to photos mainly using creative lighting techniques. I recommend you to visit it time to time. I post there more photos than here. It generates quite a traffic but it depends also on my efforts linking the fresh photos to several groups. Most of them requiring comments on others photos, which is quite time consuming. Recently the photo shown above was "explored". It was selected by Flickr workers as highly recommended pictures I guess, but honestly I have no clue about the selection process. Nevertheless it generated in few days more than 5000 views:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiberstrobe/8997018627/

I like this photo but I don't regard it as excellent. I used my nex-5 with the 16mm pancake lens and the fisheye adapter. For the lighting the twin flash adapter was used to lit the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment