This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Studio in the nature

Most of the nature photographers prefer the ambient light. I like to control the light myself in my macro and plant photos. I tried the concept last year but this year I want to further develop the concept of using a mini studio set-up in the nature. I'm planning to use various background and light sources (via fiber optic adapters). Last weekend I tried the rim lighting in the nature. In this way I can separate the subject from the background. Moreover the rim light bring out the details and textures perfectly.
Some examples:









This photo has a less saturated version I like better, but it works in larger format:


No comments:

Post a Comment