This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mushrooming with sigma fisheye

I was really busy recently with many things, so I had no time for the the blog, not even to take photos. However, today was a sunny day and I went to the woods to hunt some mushrooms lit with warm afternoon lights. I took my sigma 15mm 1:2.8 EX fisheyelens on the nex-5 with me. The twin-flash adapter with soft box served as additional light source.
The sony fisheye adapter on the 16mm lens is quite okeish but far from perfect. Optically the sigma is far better lens, but it's designed for full-frame cameras, so it's not that wide on the aps-c nex-5.
Maybe I will write in a later post more about this lens. Now I just post few photos. I hope it will convince you that this lens still rocks:




Next time, I will write more about this sigma lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment