This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mushrooms (I)

I love mushroom photography but it's really difficult to create something outstanding. There are many good photos on the NET, so I thought that creative lighting could be the key to take different photos. I'm experimenting a lot (would like to do more) with the twin-flash adapter and it works like charm. So I just post some recent results including both macro and CFWA (close focus wide angle) photos:

 I used nex-5 with 16mm lens + fisheye adapter. This combo has a god center resolution as you can see from the crop below:

However, it's not so good when we shoot towards the sun. I miss the star effect I liked very much with my sigma 15mm fisheye lens:




And a macro (but more will come):

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete